An MTA credential indicates the following:
- They are a member in good standing of CAMT
- They have successfully completed a minimum bachelor of music therapy degree at a CAMT recognized institution
- They have completed a 1000-hour clinical internship under the supervision of a CAMT-Approved MTA Supervisor
- They have passed the Certification Board of Music Therapists exam administered in the USA
- They have signed a Statement of Adherence to the CAMT Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
To ensure you have contacted a professional music therapist, check the CAMT’s MTA in Good Standing List (which can be found halfway down the page and is updated monthly).